Private Equity Firm to become a Shareholder in Netherlands based global Specialty Ingredients Distributor
Private Equity firm Cinven Limited (London, United Kingdom) announced yesterday that it has reached agreement to become a shareholder of global specialty ingredients distributor Barentz International N.V. (Hoofddorp, The Netherlands).
Cinven said in a statement that its Business Services and Benelux teams “identified Barentz as an attractive investment opportunity, given:
- Its strong presence in attractive, structurally growing and resilient markets;
- Its value-added proposition to both a large number of ingredient manufacturers and a highly diversified end-customer base;
- Significant buy and build opportunities in a highly fragmented market. Barentz has a proven track record of executing and integrating acquisitions;
- Strong historic financial performance and cash generation;
- Opportunities to accelerate the growth of the business through investment in the Group’s infrastructure as well as R&D capabilities; and
- Highly experienced management team, led by CEO Hidde van der Wal.”
No financial details were disclosed on the transaction. Completion is subject to customary conditions including competion clearances, Cinven said in the statement.
Source: Cinven press release
HGE – DCG / 27.11.2019