Further Add-on Acquisition in Latin America to expand Coverage of the Region
Specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor IMCD N.V. (Rotterdam, The Netherlands) has announced that its subsidiary IMCD México (Mexico City, Mexico) has signed an agreement to acquire Materias Químicas de México S.A. de C.V. [“Maquimex”] (Mexico City, Mexico), a distributor of specialty chemicals for an undisclosed amount.
Established in 1977, the company is an “asset light” distributor, providing commercial and technical expertise in the Preservatives, HI&I, Energy, Water Treatment sectors, as well as other industrial markets. With 44 employees, Maquimex under Luis Katz, General Manager, offers what IMCD called a “robust distribution coverage across México”. Sales activities are supported by an application laboratory.
The closing of the transaction, for which no financial details were communicated, is expected to take place in August 2021.
Source: IMCD press release
HGE – DCG / 19.07.2021
Miami-based Distributor will further enhance IMCD’s Footprint in Latin America and Caribbean
Specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor IMCD N.V. (Rotterdam, The Netherlands) has announced the acquisition of Andes Chemical Corp. [“Andes Chemical”] (Doral (Miami), FL – United States), a distributor covering Central American and Caribbean countries as well as Colombia and Peru, in a move expanding its presence in Latin America and throughout the Caribbean.
Established in 1986, Andes Chemical today serves the Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants & Elastomers (“CASE”), Construction, Cosmetics, Personal Pare, Plastics, Pharmaceuticals, and HI&I industries from distribution centers in Costa Rica, Republica Dominica and Peru. In 2020 the company generated revenues of USD 46 mn, IMCD said in the announcement. The acquisition adds 43 employees to the IMCD Americas team. An innovation laboratory for CASE, located in the Miami area, provides product and formulation development support.
No financial details were disclosed on this transaction.
Source: IMCD Press Release, Andes Chemical Corp website
HGE – DCG / 19.05.2021
Further enhanced Footprint in Latin America to maintain Growth Trajectory in the Region
Specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor IMCD N.V. (Rotterdam, The Netherlands) has announced the acquisition of Siliconas y Químicos S.A.S. (Bogotá, Colombia), a distributor with activities in Personal Care, Coatings, Silicones, and other speciality chemicals markets, for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition will complement IMCD’s existing Pharmaceuticals, Food and Nutrition business in Colombia.
Established in 2000, Siliconas y Químicos has 25 employees under the leadership of General Manager Pilar Castellanos Pineda, that will join the IMCD team. The company is ISO 9001:2015 certified, and operates across Colombia with outsourced warehouses in strategic locations, IMCD said. In 2020 it generated a revenue of USD 9 mn.
The transaction will take place in two tranches, with IMCD now acquiring 80% of Siliconas y Químicos’ share capital and the remaining 20% in 2022.
Source: IMCD press release
HGE – DCG / 17.05.2021