Further enhanced Footprint in Life Sciences in the Asia-Pacific Region
Specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor IMCD N.V. (Rotterdam, The Netherlands) has announced that IMCD Indonesia has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares of PT Megasetia Agung Kimia [“Megasetia”] (Jakarta, Indonesia), a distributor of specialty ingredients for the Life Sciences sectors. The transaction will take place in two tranches, with IMCD now acquiring 70% of the share capital and the remaining 30% in 2025.
Founded in 1995, Megasetia today has three laboratories, six offices, and six warehouses across Indonesia. Its main activity is the distribution of speciality ingredients for the Pharmaceuticals Industry in Indonesia. In addition, it covers the Personal Care, Home Care, Animal Health, and certain industrial markets. With 160 employees, the company generated revenues of approximately IDR 974 bn (ca. EUR 60 mn) in 2020. It currently serves more than 1’000 customers and represents over 50 ingredients producers from around the world. IMCD said the acquistion is a an execllent fit with the groups Life Science strategy and provides a significant platform for further growth in the Life Science segments in Indonesia.
No further financial details were disclosed on the transaction, which expected to be closed in December.
Source: IMCD press release
HGE – DCG / 18.11.2021