Tag Archives: Switzerland

IMPAG acquires FALCONE Specialties

Swiss Chemical Distribution Industry sees further Consolidation

Swiss chemical raw materials and ingredients distributor IMPAG AG (Zurich, Switzerland) has acquired compatriot FALCONE Specialties AG (Regensdorf (Zurich), Switzerland) for an undisclosed sum from shareholders Sebastiano Falcone and Roman Widmer, effective 20. October 2021.


The company, which was founded in 2010 and serves a number of industries such as Paints & Coatings, Rubber, Food & Beverages and Nutrition, will continue to trade under its current name within IMPAG’s network of companies in Switzerland, Germany, France, Poland and Austria. FALCONE’s Managing Partner Roman Widmer will relinquish his current role effective end of 2021, and subsequently assume new responsibilties within IMPAG Group, the announcement said.


No financial details were disclosed on the transaction.


Source: IMPAG press release, FALCONE market communication, DistriConsult analysis


HGE – DCG / 29.10.2021

IMCD to acquire DCS Pharma AG in Switzerland

Existing IMCD Excipients Offering to be augmented with strong API Presence of newly acquired Entity

Specialty chemicals and food ingredients distributor IMCD N.V. (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)  announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the outstanding shares of DCS Pharma AG (Basel, BS – Switzerland) in a two-step process for an undisclosed sum. 90% of the shares will be acquired at the closing of the transaction, the remaining 10% ca. two years later, effective 31. December 2021.

DCS Pharma, a distributor of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (“APIs”), traces its roots back to two Swiss distributors of products  for the pharma and the nutraceutical industry, the Pharma business of Dolder AG and ChemSwiss AG, which were merged in 2016. Today the company operates with a total of 64 employees in seven countries besides Switzerland, including Spain, Italy, Germany, Mexico and China. In 2018, it generated sales of CHF 68 mn, IMCD said in a statement.

IMCD further said it expects formulation and marketing synergies between the newly acquired API activities and its existing business, which is mainly focused on Excipients. Customers of DCS Pharma should benefit from a significantly increased network, according to its CEO Beat Berger.

No financial details were disclosed on the transaction, which is subject to fulfilling customary closing conditions.

Source: IMCD press release

HGE – DCG / 01.11.2019